Recommended Reading:

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Now, THIS is weird!


The number seven has deep spiritual significance for many folk. The numbers 3 and 7 are considered both perfect numbers and have been held sacred since the dawn of time. Abundant information concerning the Biblical and spiritual significance of the number 777 can be found by searching Google, so I really don’t see the purpose of repeating it in this posting.

On Tuesday, 24 September 2013, after attending the Heritage Day events at the Voortrekker Monument, I sorted out a few pictures and posted them to the blog here. Blogger keeps track of the number of posts published but I hardly ever take notice of them.

However, on this specific occasion… The moment I hit the “publish” button, at 01:10 on Wednesday morning, I was left somewhat dumfounded to see the number 777 boldly staring back at me from the screen – indicating that the Heritage Day posting was the seven hundred and seventy-seventh posting on this blog.

I immediately made a screen snapshot and saved it, then proceeded with the follow-up posting titled “QUO VADIS?

777
Note: there are three occurrences of the number 777 in the screen snapshot.

Now I suppose weird coincidences like these can happen, but I think it’s worth mentioning the fact that I can recall several people commenting on how the general ambience at the monument, the grounds and the massive structure itself, boasted an impression of overwhelming Holiness (Afr.: Heiligheid).  My friend who accompanied on the outing also made mention of this - at the exact same moment I was about to mention it.

Stay tuned... and God Bless!

3 comments :

Boertjie said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

Wierd things happen indeed... one wierd thing (amongst quite a few others) that happened to me once was this...

I once had a dream in which a particular scene occurred - the open road in the middle of nowhere. A little distance in front of me a thick line of trees and bushes partly obscured a crossroad that ran alongside a hill. That was the scene in my dream.

Several months later I happened to be on a long trip and came to a part of the road EXACTLY LIKE IN MY DREAM!!! The EXACT same scene!!! And there is no way I might have seen that scene in reality before, as it was my first time in that part of SA!

Now THAT was wierd!

Anonymous said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

That really is quite remarkable Tia and extremely thought provoking.

The odds of that happening, the way you described it, would have to be astronomical.

The story actually has a very spiritual feel to it and I personally find it rather comforting.

Thanks for posting.

Anonymous said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

Well I suppose if you put up 777 posts, that will happen.

Latest 5 Featured Posts:

Operation Vula, its Secret Safari, and Zuma’s band of comrades - Dec. 2013
During 1986 the ANC launched an underground operation called Operation Vula. A lesser-known fact is that it continued to operate after Nelson Mandela's release in February 1990, and for three years after his speech in August 1990 when he reiterated the total commitment of the ANC, Umkhonto we Sizwe and the SACP to the Groote Schuur Minute.

Heritage Day Photographs (Voortrekker Monument) - Sept. 2013
This posting includes a few photographs taken on Heritage Day 2013. The posting introduces an unusual but beautiful new structure called QUO VADIS? (with the question mark) which I’m sure many readers have never heard of.

The Yellow-Bucket Marula Tree: A Mystery Solved! - Oct. 2013
I came across a rather strange phenomenon one day while travelling along the R561 route between Tolwe and Baltimore in the Limpopo province of South Africa. A small yellow bucket was attached high-up in a branch of a Marula tree, hence the name of this posting. It’s a real funny story which I’m sure most readers will enjoy - as much as I enjoyed compiling the article  - (with illustrations).

Pretoria’s Monument for Victims of Terrorism - July 2013
Many people (including myself) had almost forgotten about a noteworthy monument in Pretoria that stood at the entrance of the old Munitoria building on the corner of Van der Walt and Vermeulen Streets (now renamed Lilian Ngoyi and Madiba Streets). When the Munitoria building was demolished on 7 July 2013 nobody could tell me whether the monument was still standing or not, so I decided to go look for myself.

Remembering The Battle of Delville Wood - July 2013
14 July marks a day when the South African 1st Infantry Brigade got engaged in the 1916 (WW1) Battle of the Somme, in France. The battle was one of the largest of World War I, in which more than a million men were wounded or killed, making it one of humanity's bloodiest battles. One specific encounter during this battle, known as The Battle of Delville Wood, is of particular importance to South Africa. The posting includes a comprehensive article (with pictures) compiled and written by Petros Kondos.


Blog Feeds - Sister Blogs:

African Countries (Alphabetical list):
(The links will redirect to the Amazon.com page dealing with the specific country.)




JKLS AFRICA



Browse Books By Category