Recommended Reading:

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

What happened to Mike Smith’s blog?


It’s been more than two weeks now that we’ve last heard from Mike Smith. The last article on his blog, mikesmithspoliticalcommentary.blogspot.com, was published on the 17th of September 2012. The article was titled, “Documenting the South African Revolution part 4…developing into a holy war.”

I’ve received quite a number of e-mails from people wanting to know why they cannot access Mike’s blog, which greets you with the message, “This blog is open to invited readers only.”  Many people have also left comments on this blog related to the issue.

I have no idea what happened to Mike and neither do I have any special permission to access his blog. I have never met Mike personally and have never in my life spoken to him either; consequently, I don’t have a clue who Mike is.

I enjoyed reading his articles and also learned quite a deal from his brilliant analysis of current political events. He is, no doubt, a most gifted writer and a political analyst of note. Lately I’ve seldom commented in-depth on his articles, but have on occasion posted comments expressing my gratitude for the time and effort he has put into his articles.

I sincerely hope that Mike has not suffered an illness of some sort, or something worse than that! It bothers me that he has disappeared so abruptly and has not made any contact whatsoever. Mike sometimes left comments on Tia Mysoa, and on occasion also sent me an e-mail or two. He once sent me an e-mail with the above image of the overgrown keyboard attached, welcoming me back from a short absence from blogging. I thought it was quite funny, but never told him that.

As a matter of interest - the following image is a snapshot of the stats graph on the Tia Mysoa blog. It was snapped on the eve of 21 Sept. 2012 (10:00 PM), four days after Mike’s last post was published, and clearly shows what happens to this blog when Mike’s blog shuts down.

Tia Mysoa stats for the week: Sep 14, 2012 11:00 PM - Sep 21, 2012 10:00 PM

If anyone has more info about Mike and/or his blog, please leave a message in the comment section.

17 comments :

Anonymous said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

For what its worth: His last post was on 9/17 and you can still see his posts at http://feedreader.com/feed/Mike_Smith_s_Political_Commentary
Also, his youtube channel is still there: http://www.youtube.com/channel/HCKV3baH11C6M?feature=plcp

Anonymous said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

Hello Tia.

A comment by 'Islandshark' appeared as indicated below on the I LUV SA blog site.

Islandshark commented:
Mike's taking a break

Who knows? perhaps this person may know Mike and his whereabouts.......

socrates said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

Hi Tia,
On 19 Sept. the morning I could not access Mikes blog I mailed him and asked if he had been shut down again... this was his reply:

"No, I just suspended it for a short while. Have some business to take care of and won't be able to blog. Have had massive spamming attacks lately so just suspending it for security reasons. Don't fret. Will be back soon."

Good thing you kept the pic of the weeds in the keyboard... now he can have it back on his return lol

Tia Mysoa said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

@socrates – Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

Ok chaps, thanks for the update much appreciated I am sure. Everyone needs time out and has other matters to attend to, as long as nothing sinister has happened to him then I can sleep at night and not worry.

Anonymous said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

He'd better hurry back.

As much as I enjoy TIA MYOSA, I miss Mikes "unique" way of expressing his opinions on the farce that this once great country has become.

Hurry back Mike!!!

Tia Mysoa said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

JA - And I hope he realizes there’s going to be a disciplinary AWOL hearing when he gets back!

Anonymous said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

TIA. Tx for keeping this in the spotlight. I see posts on sites & blogs all around the world are wondering where he is. Hurry back Mike.

Jason the Boer said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

Amen Guys!! I believe nothing has happened to Mike. Miss his blog big time.

Tia Mysoa said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

About that Holy War. Check this out:
Zuma opens largest mosque in Southern Hemisphere

Anonymous said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

I thought his shut down was somehow connected to the Marikana. Truth_ Article since the blog shut down right after that article was published. The original word press site was also shut down at the same time.

Les said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

Still no access to Mr. Smith's blog...

Kind Regards,

Les Rudman

Anonymous said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

Enjoyed Mike's blog, butlove tia mysoa. Its my favourite blog; excellent articles and above all, every article written with integrity.

GodsChild said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

Check out this page:

Raise awareness of South African farm murders by brutal torture:

https://www.facebook.com/SAVESOUTHAFRICANFARMERS

Anonymous said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

Any idea what happened to Mike Smith? His blog has been down for quite some time now.

Tia Mysoa said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

@Anon - I have no idea... I wish someone would tell us what's going on.

Armand Bothma said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

Please any one I have always read mike Smith blog but for some reason i dont have access anymore to read

Please if someone can contact him to send me an invitation to his blog

Latest 5 Featured Posts:

Operation Vula, its Secret Safari, and Zuma’s band of comrades - Dec. 2013
During 1986 the ANC launched an underground operation called Operation Vula. A lesser-known fact is that it continued to operate after Nelson Mandela's release in February 1990, and for three years after his speech in August 1990 when he reiterated the total commitment of the ANC, Umkhonto we Sizwe and the SACP to the Groote Schuur Minute.

Heritage Day Photographs (Voortrekker Monument) - Sept. 2013
This posting includes a few photographs taken on Heritage Day 2013. The posting introduces an unusual but beautiful new structure called QUO VADIS? (with the question mark) which I’m sure many readers have never heard of.

The Yellow-Bucket Marula Tree: A Mystery Solved! - Oct. 2013
I came across a rather strange phenomenon one day while travelling along the R561 route between Tolwe and Baltimore in the Limpopo province of South Africa. A small yellow bucket was attached high-up in a branch of a Marula tree, hence the name of this posting. It’s a real funny story which I’m sure most readers will enjoy - as much as I enjoyed compiling the article  - (with illustrations).

Pretoria’s Monument for Victims of Terrorism - July 2013
Many people (including myself) had almost forgotten about a noteworthy monument in Pretoria that stood at the entrance of the old Munitoria building on the corner of Van der Walt and Vermeulen Streets (now renamed Lilian Ngoyi and Madiba Streets). When the Munitoria building was demolished on 7 July 2013 nobody could tell me whether the monument was still standing or not, so I decided to go look for myself.

Remembering The Battle of Delville Wood - July 2013
14 July marks a day when the South African 1st Infantry Brigade got engaged in the 1916 (WW1) Battle of the Somme, in France. The battle was one of the largest of World War I, in which more than a million men were wounded or killed, making it one of humanity's bloodiest battles. One specific encounter during this battle, known as The Battle of Delville Wood, is of particular importance to South Africa. The posting includes a comprehensive article (with pictures) compiled and written by Petros Kondos.


Blog Feeds - Sister Blogs:

African Countries (Alphabetical list):
(The links will redirect to the Amazon.com page dealing with the specific country.)




JKLS AFRICA



Browse Books By Category