Recommended Reading:

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Black Racism in South Africa – An Adamant Perspective



I’m including an article in this post written by someone else because it shares the sentiments of the majority of readers who visit Tia Mysoa. The piece was written by a lady who manages her own blog called The Frida Factor. Her article attracted more than 480 comments when it was published today on the News24 site. 

The News24 article has a note at the end of the article which reads: “Due to the nature of some of the comments in this article, the text has been edited by the MyNews24 Editor.”


One commentator on News24 accused the author of being biased because she only focused on the Black Race, while another pointed out the genuine indisputable fact that it is only members of the Black Race that call you a racist when you confront them about their disagreeable behaviour, or complain about their uselessness.

Here is the full piece as published on the author’s blog:

I am a racist
By Leah Sefor
Monday, 21 May 2012

A South African artist called Brett Murray has been causing a huge stir since his painting of South Africa’s President titled 'The Spear' was put up in a local gallery. The ANC have worked themselves up into a total frothy about the painting and their biggest issue with it - It’s racist. ???????


Disrespectful, maybe. Rude, maybe. But racist???

That little word that has become the political whip with which the ANC works the masses up into angry mobs and riots anytime something happens that they don’t like. And it’s becoming really, really tiring.

In South Africa, the word racist has lost it’s original meaning and now only gets used to describe a white person doing something a black person doesn’t like. You never hear it used in any other context. You can’t say to a black CEO that he is racist because he won’t hire white people, no - he’s just making sure that only blacks get hired because of BEE. You can’t call a university racist because they won’t accept an application from a white student with straight A’s in 8 subjects - instead taking on a black student who barely passed matric. Nope, they’re not racist, they’re just correcting the wrongs of the past. But god forbid you do hire the white person or you do admit the white student, you’ll be branded racist by the government quicker that you can say “colour shouldn’t be the issue here” because how dare you choose a white person over a black person in a democratic South Africa.

Most of the time when you are a white person and you call your fellow countrymen to be held accountable for their unacceptable words and actions such as corruption, nepotism, fraud or theft, you’ll be branded a racist.
  • Today, I shouted at a taxi driver who pushed in-front of me nearly driving me into the curb with no regard for the fact that I had a child in the car - he called me a racist. Clearly, because only racists care about road safety it would seem.
  • I complained to the manager of my bank because the woman handling my account is so incompetent and hasn’t responded to one email or message I’ve left her for over 2 months!  Nevermind that my account is about to be shut down because of FICA. I must be a racist then because only racists expect service from a bank and stupidly think an organisation is going to actually do the job they promise to do in all their marketing material.
  • The other day Barry confronted a woman outside a shopping centre after she carelessly threw her fast food packet on the floor less than 10cm from a dustbin. Her response - "you’re just a racist." Well obviously, because only racists care about keeping their city clean and litter free.
  • I fired a lady who worked for me once because I caught her rummaging through one of my cupboards and she had taken my passport and other belongings which I found in her bag. Her only response - "you’re a racist". Yes, yes I am. Because only racists think that stealing is a criminal offense and is done by people with no morals or conscience.

I swear being a white person in this country can be very bloody exasperating at times. The ANC has brainwashed the masses with this little word - racist - to the point that it now gets used totally out of context. Most days I just let it pass and I don’t go into effect of it. But today is not one of those days. Today I’m angry and today I’m sick and tired of it.
  • I’m not shouting at you because you’re black, I’m shouting because you’re a maniac on the roads who is a danger to society.
  • I’m not complaining to your manager because you’re black. I’m complaining because you’re an incompetent moron who is incapable of doing her job properly.
  • I’m not firing you because you’re black. I’m firing you because you’re a thief.
  • I’m not confronting you because you're black, I’m confronting you because you’re a messy pig who expects other people to clean up your mess.

Please get over yourselves and move out the way of the remarkably amazing black people who DO take total responsibility and who actually want this country to work for ALL the people who live in it.

If being a racist in this country means that I stand up for my rights, fight for what is fair and true and hold everyone around me accountable for their words and actions, then I am a racist through and through. If being a racist means that I believe in freedom of speech and expression and that everyone’s point of view is relevant, no matter what colour, age or sex, then I will proudly announce to all who can hear that I am a racist. If being a racist means that I believe we should all be treated with the same rules and consequences and that no-one, especially not the President, is above the law and exempt from criminal prosecution when that law has been broken, then print me a t-shirt saying “I am a racist” and I will wear it in the streets. If being a racist means that I will not stand idly by while the few, corrupt pigs in the ANC rape this country for everything they can get with no regard for the poor and the homeless and the uneducated, then I’ll get "I’m a racist" tattooed on my back.

To Mr Zuma and your ANC - you need to get a different vocabulary. Instead of shouting at someone like Brett Murray and accusing him of being a racist, maybe you should be asking yourselves why he painted it in the first place. Instead of wanting to take Zapiro to court every time he depicts the President & his shower head in one of his cartoons, why don’t you stop to realise that there is truth in everything he draws and that your angry responses are really due to the fact that he keeps hitting a nerve that’s a little too close to home.

Maybe, Mr Zuma, it’s time to take a long, hard look in the mirror. If you were honest with yourself,  you’d see that people actually have very little respect for you because you have lied and cheated your way through your Presidency. You have been involved with more seedy, corrupt criminals than Horatio Caine and you have abused funds for personal gain. You have raped, lied, stolen, protected evil men and weezled your way out of prosecution and you wonder why people continue to take the piss out of you in the media and treat you with utter contempt. Even the great Oliver Tambo’s daughter Tselane doesn’t think much of you based on what she had to say about the painting: “He should inspire the reverence he craves. This portrait is what he inspired”

You, Mr Zuma, and your ANC are a bunch of CANTS!

CAN’T let go of the past
CAN’T operate in your life without breaking the rules
CAN’T find your integrity with a map and a flashlight and a tour guide (unless you pay them off).
CAN’T treat women with any kind of respect
CAN’T obey the laws of this country
CAN’T stop operating from a place of revenge and hate for what’s happened in the past
CAN’T find a way forward with no agenda or payoff
CAN’T stop putting family members in government positions for which they are not qualified
CAN’T stop the out of control corruption that is rife throughout every government department
CAN’T stop getting involved in shady, underhanded deals
CAN’T find a solution for getting the education working in this country
CAN’T say goodbye to Affirmative Action and BEE which is ruining businesses across this land

You're just not getting it right.

But what do I know?

I’m just a white girl talking about a black man.

I must be a racist.

Sourced from: The Frida Factor - An adamant perspective


Related posts on this blog:

2 comments :

Anonymous said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

" actually want this country to work for ALL the people who live in it "
Well this want was never the case under a white SA.

Anonymous said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

But this is not white SA now is it? South Africa is a democratic country and all citizens have equal representation and rights as enshrined in the country's highest law, the Constitution.

Latest 5 Featured Posts:

Operation Vula, its Secret Safari, and Zuma’s band of comrades - Dec. 2013
During 1986 the ANC launched an underground operation called Operation Vula. A lesser-known fact is that it continued to operate after Nelson Mandela's release in February 1990, and for three years after his speech in August 1990 when he reiterated the total commitment of the ANC, Umkhonto we Sizwe and the SACP to the Groote Schuur Minute.

Heritage Day Photographs (Voortrekker Monument) - Sept. 2013
This posting includes a few photographs taken on Heritage Day 2013. The posting introduces an unusual but beautiful new structure called QUO VADIS? (with the question mark) which I’m sure many readers have never heard of.

The Yellow-Bucket Marula Tree: A Mystery Solved! - Oct. 2013
I came across a rather strange phenomenon one day while travelling along the R561 route between Tolwe and Baltimore in the Limpopo province of South Africa. A small yellow bucket was attached high-up in a branch of a Marula tree, hence the name of this posting. It’s a real funny story which I’m sure most readers will enjoy - as much as I enjoyed compiling the article  - (with illustrations).

Pretoria’s Monument for Victims of Terrorism - July 2013
Many people (including myself) had almost forgotten about a noteworthy monument in Pretoria that stood at the entrance of the old Munitoria building on the corner of Van der Walt and Vermeulen Streets (now renamed Lilian Ngoyi and Madiba Streets). When the Munitoria building was demolished on 7 July 2013 nobody could tell me whether the monument was still standing or not, so I decided to go look for myself.

Remembering The Battle of Delville Wood - July 2013
14 July marks a day when the South African 1st Infantry Brigade got engaged in the 1916 (WW1) Battle of the Somme, in France. The battle was one of the largest of World War I, in which more than a million men were wounded or killed, making it one of humanity's bloodiest battles. One specific encounter during this battle, known as The Battle of Delville Wood, is of particular importance to South Africa. The posting includes a comprehensive article (with pictures) compiled and written by Petros Kondos.


Blog Feeds - Sister Blogs:

African Countries (Alphabetical list):
(The links will redirect to the Amazon.com page dealing with the specific country.)




JKLS AFRICA



Browse Books By Category