Recommended Reading:

Monday, September 5, 2011

South Africa’s involvement in the Libyan crisis (Part 1)


The evidence is mounting that the South African government has been assisting their Libyan “Brother Leader”, Muammar Gaddafi, all along – for the sole reason that he was an opponent of apartheid. This man and members of his family are now wanted criminals, and face prosecution by the International Criminal Court, which has issued arrest warrants for crimes against humanity.

The following two postings will illustrate South Africa’s involvement in the Libyan crisis. The first story describes the involvement of mercenaries. Although it appears that their actions are not related to the South African government at all,
which is also the reason why the “The New Age” newspaper covered the story, my guess is that the SA government will not lift a finger to take legal action against these mercenaries.

Thanks to Le Loup-Garou for bringing this story under my attention.

SA team rescue Gaddafis
By De Wet Potgieter

Thirty-five Special Forces-trained South Africans were responsible for this week’s audacious operation that spirited Muammar Gaddafi’s wife and three children from Libya to safety in Algeria.

The “battle hardened Iraq veterans”, who were apparently paid $15000 (R105000) each, were recruited three weeks ago, after being interviewed at a Sandton hotel.

Details of the operation were revealed to The New Age this week by a source close to the group, who said he was invited to take part but declined.

And while Libya’s Transitional National Council was this week seeking the return of Gaddafi’s family from Algeria, the group of mercenaries is believed to be on standby to conduct further similar operations.

“We’d like those persons to come back,” rebels’ spokesperson Mahmud Shammam said of the Gaddafi family after Algiers on Monday announced that Gaddafi’s wife, Safiya, two sons, a daughter and their children, had crossed the border into that country.

The New Age has learnt reliably that interviews for the extraction operation were conducted on August 17 at the Balalaika hotel in Sandton by Sarah Penhold, who operates from Kenya.

The New Age has seen copies of an email sent to a former SA Special Forces operative, inviting him for an interview.

Penhold describes herself on the internet as an executive protection and security specialist proficient in a wide range of firearm handling and safety techniques.

Her LinkedIn profile reads: “Trained in advanced and tactical high-speed driving. Medically trained to first aid level 2 and 3, with a focus on trauma injuries.”

She describes herself as an “excellent communicator, with good interpersonal skills” who is “able to work as part of a team or as an individual”.

She describes herself as being a “resourceful operator, with well-honed planning and communication skills, who is adaptable and able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines”.

The mercenary group left South Africa two days after the interviews, flying from OR Tambo airport to Dubai.

From there they flew to Tunisia, which shares borders with Algeria and Libya, where they were issued with firearms. They then travelled by road into Libya.

According to a source close to the men involved, some members of the group last week phoned home, saying that they were holed up in a Tunisian hotel.

“They described their situation as very complicated,” according to the source, who asked not to be named as he feared retribution from the South African authorities.

Although the men may not have not breached any international laws, they can expect problems with the South African authorities on their return home, according to Prof André Thomashausen, professor of international law and director of the Institute of Foreign and Comparative Law at the University of South Africa.

“The draconic Foreign Military Assistance Act leaves no loophole for South Africans to sell their military skills abroad,” Thomashausen said. “It gives the government enormous powers to pursue and prosecute.”

It could also become an international problem for the South Africans if they assisted Gaddafi or his two sons, all wanted by the International Criminal Court in The Hague for crimes against humanity, he said.

Gaddafi’s wife, Safiya, his daughter, Aisha, and his sons, Hannibal and Mohammed, accompanied by their children, entered Algeria early on Monday morning.

This was confirmed in an announcement soon afterwards by the Algerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which said that UN chief Ban Ki-moon, the Security Council and second in charge of the rebels’ National Transitional Council (NTC), Mahmud Jibril, had been informed.

Algeria has not yet recognised the NTC and has adopted a stance of strict neutrality on the Libyan conflict, leading some among the rebels to accuse it of supporting the Gaddafi regime.

 

dewetp@thenewage.co.za

Sourced from: thenewage.co.za



Click here for Part 2 of this posting

See also : Checkmate for Gadhafi?


Recommended Product:


Paperback: 306 pages
Publisher: Biteback Limited (August 11, 2011)
ISBN: 978-1849541480
Order from Amazon.com or Kalahari.com

7 comments :

eduard said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

The only reason why Nato is attacking Libya and making a bad boy out of Gaddaffi, is because there is no Rothschild controlled banks in Libya. These pigs did exactly the same modus operandi with Saddam Hussein, and because there is no Rothschild controlled banks in Afghanistan, they get the same treatment. Nato should get rid of these rothschild jewpigs.

Tia Mysoa said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

Here’s the real reason behind the Libyan crisis:

"Oil reserves in Libya are the largest in Africa and the ninth largest in the world with 41.5 billion barrels (6.60×109 m3) as of 2007. Oil production was 1.8 million barrels per day (290×103 m3/d) as of 2006, giving Libya 23 years of reserves at current production rates if no new reserves were to be found." -- Sourced from: Wikipedia

Mike Smith said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

Hi TIA. I will post a note about this on my blog with a link to your two articles. This is very interesting

Tia Mysoa said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

Thanks Mike!

I'll take the liberty of replicating the relevant links here:

Link to Mike Smith’s article : Where Gaddafi is hiding

There were talks that he might be heading to South Africa via Mali, since he transferred large amounts of gold and money to South Africa a few weeks ago.
http://www.asharq-e.com/news.asp?id=26448&section=1

The ANC and President Zuma pledged their undying support for Gaddafi
http://www.globalpost.com/dispatches/globalpost-blogs/africa-emerges/south-africa-sticks-gaddafi

eduard said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

Go to the following thread to see the truth about Libya:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q11R56YODx4

Tia Mysoa said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

@eduard

The video is not available on the link you provided… (maybe it’s still new and will be displayed later) -- However, if you type the phrase, “truth about libya” in the YouTube searchbar a whole string of recent videos pop up. There are so many I don’t know were to start viewing!

eduard said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

That video link seems a bit sticky, but go to rense.com and scroll down to the article: MUST VIEW - Why the Rothschilds are destroying Libya.

Latest 5 Featured Posts:

Operation Vula, its Secret Safari, and Zuma’s band of comrades - Dec. 2013
During 1986 the ANC launched an underground operation called Operation Vula. A lesser-known fact is that it continued to operate after Nelson Mandela's release in February 1990, and for three years after his speech in August 1990 when he reiterated the total commitment of the ANC, Umkhonto we Sizwe and the SACP to the Groote Schuur Minute.

Heritage Day Photographs (Voortrekker Monument) - Sept. 2013
This posting includes a few photographs taken on Heritage Day 2013. The posting introduces an unusual but beautiful new structure called QUO VADIS? (with the question mark) which I’m sure many readers have never heard of.

The Yellow-Bucket Marula Tree: A Mystery Solved! - Oct. 2013
I came across a rather strange phenomenon one day while travelling along the R561 route between Tolwe and Baltimore in the Limpopo province of South Africa. A small yellow bucket was attached high-up in a branch of a Marula tree, hence the name of this posting. It’s a real funny story which I’m sure most readers will enjoy - as much as I enjoyed compiling the article  - (with illustrations).

Pretoria’s Monument for Victims of Terrorism - July 2013
Many people (including myself) had almost forgotten about a noteworthy monument in Pretoria that stood at the entrance of the old Munitoria building on the corner of Van der Walt and Vermeulen Streets (now renamed Lilian Ngoyi and Madiba Streets). When the Munitoria building was demolished on 7 July 2013 nobody could tell me whether the monument was still standing or not, so I decided to go look for myself.

Remembering The Battle of Delville Wood - July 2013
14 July marks a day when the South African 1st Infantry Brigade got engaged in the 1916 (WW1) Battle of the Somme, in France. The battle was one of the largest of World War I, in which more than a million men were wounded or killed, making it one of humanity's bloodiest battles. One specific encounter during this battle, known as The Battle of Delville Wood, is of particular importance to South Africa. The posting includes a comprehensive article (with pictures) compiled and written by Petros Kondos.


Blog Feeds - Sister Blogs:

African Countries (Alphabetical list):
(The links will redirect to the Amazon.com page dealing with the specific country.)




JKLS AFRICA



Browse Books By Category