Recommended Reading:

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The West Coast of South Africa has few sheeple!


Blogging while on the move is an art I’ve never bothered to master, so when postings on this blog appear to be less frequent than usual, it’s a sure indication that I’m either on the move, or not at home. Last month I was blessed with the marvellous opportunity to visit the Okavango Delta in Botswana. Although I expected that unreliable internet connectivity would hamper me from posting articles - the trip was planned in advance, hence the reason why I was able to inform readers of my intentions before travelling!


Some readers may remember how discontented I was when I arrived back in the hell-hole they call “Gauteng”. The pitiful news headlines dominated chiefly by this latest Malema-nonsense only contributed towards the shift from mild anxiety to major depression… which, according to my view basically translates to - ‘severe unhappiness’ caused by abnormal circumstances, or to put it differently – to be in a place where you don’t want to be - like a prison cell, for example!

I realize that there are many people out there who do not have much choice when it comes to their preferred ‘place of residence’. Like prisoners of war they’re trapped in a hell-hole, where 99 percent of their time is spent on keeping the kids in school, the criminals out of the house, and their heads above water. The bottom line however, is that no normal person can survive city life without taking the necessary precautions. These precautions may vary from one individual to the next, but for me - ‘getting away from it all’, even if it’s just for a few days, has always been the best approach to revitalizing body and spirit.

Southern Africa is a big, beautiful, and exquisite region, with more than sufficient land and opportunity to accommodate everybody’s needs and desires - no matter what your personal preferences are. The Gauteng province, for example, with its complex mix of cultures and colours, attempts to cater for everyone’s needs. However - in my humble opinion, the Kaffir Mentality which I spoke of in a previous article, and where numerous examples where provided, is not only systematically infecting the province like a disease, but also steadily transforming all the inhabitants into downright miserable people. Psychologists have given complex names for the various behavioural changes these people go through, and psychiatrists have all sorts of chemical concoctions that ‘control’ their abnormal behaviours.

Then you get “The Sheeple” – the most dangerous, vindictive, conniving breed of humans on planet earth! Their menace lies in the fact that they have convinced themselves that their behaviour is normal, and are thus hell-bent on convincing others to behave in a similar fashion. A book can be written about this scary phenomenon!

Please bear in mind that not all people, who suffer from some or other psychological ailment, fall into the category of sheeple!

One of the most annoying characteristics of sheeple is their belief that a Kaffir mentality does not exist. This instinctive belief of theirs is complicated further by the warped perception they have of non-sheeple. People who fall into the category of sheeple feel extremely threatened by the opposing group (the non-sheeple). They will thus often label their opposition with derogatory names, and/or offensive terms, as they lack the ability to deliberate matters intelligently.

One can of course argue that I’m doing exactly the same by using the term sheeple, but this term is nowhere near as derogatory as some of the terms our R...ster friend, for example, so loves to cough-up whenever he goes into spluttering mode. This fowl character probably thinks that my latest nonappearance on the blogging scene is due to his recent name-calling-fit when I linked one of Mike Smith’s articles to a posting of his... Shame!

Escaping from the sheeple…

About two weeks after my return from Botswana - close family of mine, residing in Langebaan on the West Coast, informed me that they would feel extremely honoured to have me as a guest in their home - i.e. before my final departure to the UK, which will be taking place some time in the month of July this year, God willing.

The decision to travel to Langebaan was a rather spontaneous one, but I’m glad I tackled the long route from Pretoria before the big Easter rush.

For those who do not know where Langebaan is…

It is a lagoon-resort situated on the South African West Coast, bordering The West Coast National Park. The town of Langebaan is situated approximately 120kms north of Cape Town, and approximately 13kms south of Saldanha Bay. The region in dominated primarily by White and Coloured people, who speak mainly Afrikaans, although there are a few English-speaking folk among them as well.... More info here

What I really appreciate about this region, is that the K-factor has not had a major impact on the place names in the area, simply because the ANC has no stronghold in the region - yet!!

Besides the familiar towns, which you can find on any map, such as Vredenburg (town of peace) – the largest town near Langebaan, and Saldanha, Velddrif, Laaiplek, and so on... there are also lesser-known places with exquisite names such as Kraalbaai, and Preekstoel, situated within the borders of the West Coast National Park.

----------------------------------------

It was not my intention to stay longer than a week, but I’ve been staying in Langebaan since the 15th of April. The warm and sociable family-folk have gone out of their way to make my stay here a most enjoyable experience – so much so, that I’m actually regretting the big move to the UK.

I am a mere stone’s throw away from the Langebaan lagoon, an exquisitely beautiful place - also known as the Turquoise Jewel of the West Coast. I’ve already made my acquaintance with some of the local fishermen in the area, who don’t seem too concerned about giving away their angling secrets. Some of them even treat me like the Mayor of Langebaan: -- “Hullo Master, hoe ganit merrie Master?” … and so forth. These Coloured folk are truly a cheerful bunch!

Since my arrival on the 15th I did not come across one single “sheeple-person” - i.e. until the long-weekend arrived! The locals are fully aware who the sheeple are. Here they refer to them as “Indringers” (Intruders). It is quite evident that the local folk are extremely weary of becoming infected by this flock, as most of them vanished from public areas when the sheeple arrived for the long weekend.

On one occasion, while I was taking a sunset-stroll on the main beach, someone mentioned the name “Malema”, by accident I presume, in the presence of a small group of Coloured fishermen. Now it appears that this is a name you simply do not mention in this part of the world - unless you want to hear a string of Afrikaans swearwords, spoken in such rapid succession that not even a tape-recorder can pick it up. It’s no wonder that Malema and his kind will not dare venture in these parts, for he (and his kind) will surely end up in the cold deep blue waters of the Atlantic – as shark bait!

Now please don’t misinterpret this posting… for not all the people who arrived here over the Easter weekend are sheeple, and neither are all of these people always perceived as Intruders! However, a substantial number I happened to cross paths with on occasion ARE sheeple, and this is how I identified them:
  • While their overweight kids celebrated Easter with chocolate Easter-eggs and non-stop DSTV viewing, their equally obese parents celebrated the occasion by worshipping their gods “Baal” and “Bacchus”.
  • They have absolutely no manners, so don’t expect them to greet you!
  • They don’t bother cleaning up the mess they make, and therefore have no regard whatsoever for the natural environment and by implication the local folk who call this place their home.
  • The “Rapport” newspaper and “Die Huisgenoot” are their bibles.
  • They will miss Mandela when he dies.

 And by the way...

The family here in Langebaan have twisted my very flexible arm to stay a few weeks longer. As you can see I do have access to a computer, so you can be sure that I will be reading all comments posted here.

Malicious comments posted by sheeple will be deleted, most definitely!!


Take care, and stay tuned!

Related Posts



Panorama View of Tsaarsbank - West Coast - South Africa
Photograph taken by Oompie - dated 2011/04/19



West Coast (South African Wild Flower Guide)
Author:
John Manning
Hardcover: 240 pages
Publisher: Botanical Society of South Africa
ISBN-10: 1874999112         ISBN-13: 978-1874999119

13 comments :

Mike Smith said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

Boet, Get your arse out of that hellhole. You won't regret it. Good luck.

Macaw said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

Good to see posts again TIA, I was wondering where you were jolling :)

Nice article with a very dry sense of humour. Outside our house there are election posters on light poles. Right outside out house (Pretoria East), there is a sign with a white traitor on the anc poster. I forgot to look at his name, but the anger boiled.

I am hoping he makes his appearance in our street. The electic gate will open mysteriously and if he enters, I see him as an intruder.....

Jazzie said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

Welcome to Langebaan,

As a local Langebaaner I am so saddened by the hoards of holiday makers that abuse our little village.

Maybe I will pass you on the beach at sunset when it stops raining.....

Regards

Tia Mysoa said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

I’ve just had a quick peek on the ANC’s website, where they’ve listed all their ward candidates (with photographs). In the Pretoria – Greater Tshwane region they have three white traitors, namely: Johan Venter, Pieter De Necker, and Stephanus Smith.

Although I have not been paying much attention to the upcoming local elections, there does not seem to be any major activity going on here on the West Coast.

Tia Mysoa said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

@ Jazzie...

Thank you!

The cold and wet weather that hit us today really caught me off guard. If this continues I’ll have to go shopping for a warmer jacket! I cannot complain though, as the weather has been fabulous up till Sunday.

Macaw said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

@TIA, it is De Necker (ward 52, if I read correctly).

Enjoy Langebaan. That is a peacfeul place and plenty of genuine good okes there.

Anonymous said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

lots of white traitors also in KZN. Many historically AWB and white strongholds (eg Amamzintoti) have put forward white ANC ward candidates. So there is no lack of white traitors... we are fucked (we knew that already, didn't we?)! Unless, unless this is a clever move to put whitey back in control....NOT!!! ha ha ha

hey TIA
if you com this side of the world I have a few beers in the fridge...

Boerbychoice said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

Hi Tia.
Sadly Pretoria is not alone, I just discovered that in the lilly white ward where I am registered to vote in the northern suburbs of cape town the ANC candidate is Jacobus Johannes Grobler.
Is it not ironic that in that same ward, which literally has less than 20 blacks living in it, the ANC gets more votes than the FF+? And my letters to the local paper resulted in mass complaints that racists like me should not be allowed to live there but they will gladly live next to an afrikaans traitor? I would love to know the numbers of whites who stand for the ANC nationally.
And Tia, enjoy Langebaan, I used to spend 2 weekends a month up there when I still worked in CPT, I have friends who work at the airforce base and the great thing about the West Coast, is the refreshing chatter of conservatives and the low number of bantu's begging at every corner. Enjoy it boet...

Tia Mysoa said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

@ Boerbychoice

Yep, that was one of the first things I noticed... No bantus and no beggars! The people living here are going straight to hell!!!!.. for they have already had their heaven on earth :)

Anonymous said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

Hi TIA-Mysoa I have always wanted to meet you in person as I thought we might have a lot in common, age wise as well. I live in Midrand and you in Pretoria, I have lost all my best friends over the years starting in 1995 and another friend last month, they left for the UK. They are in there late fifties. They must have watched the wedding today. I understand why your are leaving South Africa but even though we do not know one another or will not have the opportunity to meet, I say with great regret and trepidation t that another one of our clan is leaving us here in SA. Another Ex Pat. May I ask, do you have employment there, and was it relatively easy to get a job in the UK? I am in my late fifties, also spent 12 years on the border in the citizen force. I know you were in the SAP those days. I was in the IT industry for 36 years, and was retrenched in 2006, the black staff all got offered jobs in the new company, you know the rest. We whiteys were the ones that trained the great unwashed, and then when our purpose was done, bye, bye.
Any how I wish you all the best of British luck in the UK and hope you will not forget us down here in hell and keep you websites running. Totsiens and Aufwiedersehn mein freund.

Anonymous said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

Get Out TIA , but keep Blogging ! Ignore Bloody Rooster . We WANT SAS BACK ROOSTER jou doos !

Tia Mysoa said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

@ Anon

Thank you for the good wishes! I am actually dreading the big move, but it is something I simply have to do... for various personal reasons.

I am very fortunate to have family (on my father’s side) living in the UK. My eldest son has also firmly established himself in the UK as general manager of a large ‘pub & kitchen’ franchise. He left SA about 5 years ago on a UK working holiday visa, and hasn’t looked back ever since.

pincer said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

@ Retrenched:

You sound like 'ex-SADF' from the old ZA Sucks blog. Try obtaining a German passport on ancestral reasons. Consulate is in Pretoria, that's not so far away.

Regards

CK

Latest 5 Featured Posts:

Operation Vula, its Secret Safari, and Zuma’s band of comrades - Dec. 2013
During 1986 the ANC launched an underground operation called Operation Vula. A lesser-known fact is that it continued to operate after Nelson Mandela's release in February 1990, and for three years after his speech in August 1990 when he reiterated the total commitment of the ANC, Umkhonto we Sizwe and the SACP to the Groote Schuur Minute.

Heritage Day Photographs (Voortrekker Monument) - Sept. 2013
This posting includes a few photographs taken on Heritage Day 2013. The posting introduces an unusual but beautiful new structure called QUO VADIS? (with the question mark) which I’m sure many readers have never heard of.

The Yellow-Bucket Marula Tree: A Mystery Solved! - Oct. 2013
I came across a rather strange phenomenon one day while travelling along the R561 route between Tolwe and Baltimore in the Limpopo province of South Africa. A small yellow bucket was attached high-up in a branch of a Marula tree, hence the name of this posting. It’s a real funny story which I’m sure most readers will enjoy - as much as I enjoyed compiling the article  - (with illustrations).

Pretoria’s Monument for Victims of Terrorism - July 2013
Many people (including myself) had almost forgotten about a noteworthy monument in Pretoria that stood at the entrance of the old Munitoria building on the corner of Van der Walt and Vermeulen Streets (now renamed Lilian Ngoyi and Madiba Streets). When the Munitoria building was demolished on 7 July 2013 nobody could tell me whether the monument was still standing or not, so I decided to go look for myself.

Remembering The Battle of Delville Wood - July 2013
14 July marks a day when the South African 1st Infantry Brigade got engaged in the 1916 (WW1) Battle of the Somme, in France. The battle was one of the largest of World War I, in which more than a million men were wounded or killed, making it one of humanity's bloodiest battles. One specific encounter during this battle, known as The Battle of Delville Wood, is of particular importance to South Africa. The posting includes a comprehensive article (with pictures) compiled and written by Petros Kondos.


Blog Feeds - Sister Blogs:

African Countries (Alphabetical list):
(The links will redirect to the Amazon.com page dealing with the specific country.)




JKLS AFRICA



Browse Books By Category