Although I am not personally acquainted with ex-commandant Wilhelm Fredrich Ratte or any of his supporters, and consequently cannot provide readers with any personal insider views of this living legend, I still feel obligated to utilize this blog to show the world and the Marxist-Communist rulers of South Africa that I will support this iron-willed God-fearing man, and other men like him, until the day I breath my last breath.
The former 32nd-battallion officer and warrior needs no introduction, so none will be provided here. Readers who do not know who this man is, or why he is making headlines again are welcome to click here to view a concise yet thorough synopsis, compiled by Mike Smith on the SAS blog.
If Willem Ratte was not a dedicated Christian, and if he really was the scoundrel the ANC government has made him out to be, I would have not have wasted my time researching his background. I would also have serious considerations about the usefulness of even mentioning his name on this blog.
I have already published a few articles related to the persecution of Christians, on the sister blog, TIA 4 CHRIST, the most significant being: The Persecution and Genocide of Christians In Africa. It is not the lukewarm Christians who are being persecuted, but the hot-blooded fiery ones, like Willem Ratte, who steadfastly refuse to allow the spirit of error to rule their minds, - come hell or high water!
(For those who are unfamiliar with the spirit-concepts of error and truth I am referring to in this article, may I suggest that you have a peak at the latest posting on the TIA 4 CHRIST blog: The Spirit of Error, and the Spirit of Truth.)
Whenever Marxist-Communists take charge of a country, the first people they will harass, persecute, and slaughter are the Christians. The world’s history books contain numerous examples of this phenomenon. In modern-times however, and primarily in so-called ‘liberated-democratic’ countries, the harassment and persecution takes the form of officially authorized legal actions, -- in other words, the oppressors can utilize the flaws of a man-made legal system and its laws to torment, manipulate, and control, whomever they wish.
In the light of the above, I am thus surprised that a man like Willem Ratte is still alive, and has not been savagely murdered yet like so many other white Christian farmers living in remote areas of this country. (Maybe his superior survival skills as a soldier has something to do with the fact that he is still with us today.)
Willem Ratte is no ordinary Christian. By fate, and possibly divine interference as well, he became one of South Africa’s most finest and most professional high-ranking military officers. This assertive claim comes from one of Willem Ratte’s own apprentices, Eeben Barlow, former commander of the famed 32 Battalion's Reconnaissance (Recce) Wing, and later founder of the Private Military Company (PMC), also known as Executive Outcomes. Willem Ratte was also well-known for leading his men by example, and for performing his duties according to Christian principles, despite the fact that he was also a professional soldier.
Willem Ratte was never a boastful or self-righteous man. His legendary status emerged as a result of how others perceived him. The testimony of the German-Austrian academic lecturer and journalist Dr. Claus Nordbruch, who was honoured with, among other awards, the European Freedom Prize for his persistent and courageous fight for freedom of speech, published a small booklet in 1996 entitled Willem Ratte, the legend: The life and ideals of a German Boer in the fight for freedom and justice in South Africa. The English version (PDF format) can be downloaded here.
In the final paragraph of an addendum to this booklet, dated June 1996, Raymond Rademan - one of Willem Ratte’s many trusted friends states: “Willem always gave thanks to the Heavenly Father and acknowledged that it was Christ who gave him strength.” This testimony by Raymond verifies that Willem Ratte’s conduct during the past few years had nothing to do with making an impression on politicians, or winning the favour of men, or with glorifying himself. His allegiance was thus always with the Spirit of Truth, hence his fearless and obstinate refusal to bow to the spirit of error. His bravery, and the fact that he does not even fear death has little to do with his military background, - it has everything to do with the Spirit of Truth that dwells within his soul. It is this fearless die-hard spirit that the ANC communists fear and hate the most!
The worldly liberal view does not understand this, and will perceive Willem Ratte’s attitude as downright foolish and reckless. They will also do everything in their power to prove how correct they are. They will not for one moment stop to reflect on how their actions and their warped views are playing directly into the bloodstained hands of iniquity itself.
I might as well get to the point right now, and not wait till the end of this posting to reveal the real reason behind Willem Ratte’s latest arrest and ‘unlawful’ detention. Although it is only my personal opinion, I believe I may be close to 95 percent of the truth:
- The latest unlawful arrests and trumped-up charges are irrelevant, for all the government is doing right now is testing and monitoring the strength of their adversaries, and also advertising to the outside world, via the media, that they are the peacemakers and that they are ‘sorting out’ a politically incorrect rightwing threat. The fact that no major threat exists is also irrelevant, for all that matters is that the Chinese and other Asian associates with business interests in the country, get the general impression that the ANC government are doing an excellent job of keeping the peace and weakening and/or eradicating a potential thorn in their flesh, - namely the white Christian Boers, people whom they fear and hate with a passion!
- At the same time intelligence agencies are also monitoring the views and emotions of the general public with the aim of identifying possible future activists, most likely according to the standard categories of red, yellow, and green, - ‘red’ being the most severe threat, and ‘green’ the least. Obviously, their endeavours are also part-and-parcel of the ongoing psychological warfare, which is designed to promote fear among the general public, and to remind us who is boss. (We can do whatever we want, whenever we want with whoever we want, - because we can!)
I do not wish to repeat what has already been published about Willem Ratte, but for the record I think it is fitting to mention certain aspects that will confirm why I believe he is a devoted Christian and not a racist, violent, rightwing lunatic. The following facts, which were derived from the writings of Dr. Claus Nordbruch, also demonstrate that Willem Ratte’s activities did not always represent the interests of the Boers only:
- Willem Ratte was one of the key founders of the Ombili Foundation in Namibia, a charity foundation which serves to protect the rights of the indigenous San people (also known as Bushmen). The project is still active today and focuses on upliftment-projects such as teaching farming skills to the resident Bushmen.
- During October 1993, when the Zulus in Khatlehong were besieged, and almost starved to death by the ANC terrorists, Willem Ratte, with the assistance of the Pretoria Boer Commando, organised the delivery of food, medical supplies, and other essential provisions to the besieged Zulus. While accomplishing this compassionate task Commandant Ratte and his men came under heavy fire from automatic AK-47 rifles. Although the shooting did not stop after the supplies had been unloaded, Commandant Ratte and his men left the area without any loss of life.
The other preliminary charge against Willem Ratte and his nine fellow-accused relates to the possession of unlicensed firearms and ammunition. According to the counsel for the accused, Johan van Wyk, the arrests were unlawful as there had been no search warrant for the farm where they were arrested, and that the men had not done anything unlawful. He also said that five of the 12 weapons seized were pellet guns for which no licence was required, while the others were licensed. He said many of the 5 000-plus rounds of ammunition seized were in fact pellets. Source
At time of posting Willem and one co-accused are still being illegally detained in the police holding cells in Witbank. An urgent application in the North Gauteng High Court in Pretoria for their release failed. Willem refuses to apply for bail, and has been on a hunger strike since October 1. The remaining eight accused were granted bail, and are expected to return to court on November 30. Source
Although I could not find any online media report confirming that Willem Ratte will be appearing in court this coming Monday (October 25), a support group on Facebook have announced that his next court appearance will definitely be taking place on Monday, 25 October 2010 at 08:30 in Witbank.
The court building is in Delville Street, between Botha and Haig Avenues. Supporters have made an urgent request that as many people as possible attend the court proceedings to show their solidarity.
The following publications make mention of Willem Ratte. The list was compiled by using the search function on Google Books. Out of print publications are not listed:
- Willem Ratte, the legend: The life and ideals of a German Boer in the fight for freedom and justice in South Africa, by Dr. Claus Nordbruch. (Free PDF Booklet)
- 32 Battalion: The Inside Story of South Africa's Elite Fighting Unit, by Piet Nortje. (Kalahari.net)
- Writing A Wider War: Rethinking Gender, Race, & Identity In South African War, by Greg Cuthbertson (Author), Albert Grundlingh (Contributor), Mary-Lynn Suttie (Contributor). ..Kalahari.net)
- The politics of war memory and commemoration, by T. G. Ashplant, Graham Dawson, and Michael Roper. (Kalahari.net)
- Victory or Violence - The Story of the AWB of South Africa, by Arthur Kemp. (Kalahari.net)
- History after Apartheid: Visual Culture and Public Memory in a Democratic South Africa, by Annie E. Coombes. (Kalahari.net)
- Hybridity and its Discontents: Politics, Science, Culture, by Avtar Brah and Annie Coombes.Kalahari.net ... Also available as an eBook)
- Mercenaries: an African security dilemma, by Abdel-Fatau Musah, and J 'Kayode Fayemi. (Kalahari.net)
- From Fledgling to Eagle: The South African Air Force During the Border War, by Dick Lord. (Kalahari.net)
- Executive Outcomes Against All Odds, by Eeben Barlow (Kalahari.net)
- The Buffalo Soldiers: the story of South Africa's 32-Battalion 1975-1993, by Jan Breytenbach (Kalahari.net)
- Volk, Faith and Fatherland: The Security Threat Posed by the White Right, by Martin Schönteich.
- They live by the sword, by Jan Breytenbach
- Buffalo Battalion: South Africa's 32 Battalion : a tale of sacrifice, by L. J. Bothma
Byt vas manne, en hou kop!
I’ll be posting regular updates concerning the Willem Ratte case in
the comments section of this posting.
I’ll be posting regular updates concerning the Willem Ratte case in
the comments section of this posting.