Thursday, May 27, 2010

Brazilian kidnapped and tortured in South Africa


These scumbag Nigerians have been up to their tricks again here in South Africa. They have for many years been extremely active on the illegal drug-dealing and smuggling scene. Lately they are competing with the Tanzanian druglords in all the major cities of South Africa, but they still remain dominant. For many years they have also been notorious for enticing gullible victims with their Nigerian email scams, known as the 911 Nigerian Fraud. Their latest criminal activities involves the kidnapping of wealthy businessmen for ransom, usually foreigners. If they don’t get what they want, they revert to torture -- but this time they got caught!


Six nabbed in alleged international kidnapping syndicate

The Hawks uncovered a suspected international kidnapping syndicate during a raid in Johannesburg today. At least two foreigners have been victims of the syndicate. One of the victims was freed by police during the raid. Six men have been arrested.

A tip-off led police to a Kensington house early this morning. They broke down the door and found a 58-year-old Brazilian man - tearful and bloodied. Hawks spokesperson Musa Zondi says the Brazilian had been tortured and his stomach and chest had been burnt with a hot iron and was in absolute pain when he was released.

The man had allegedly been lured to South Africa by the suspects, all of them Nigerians. They had offered him a lucrative business deal. But as soon as he came through arrivals at OR Tambo on Tuesday, they pounced. He was held in a room while his captors demanded a $1 million ransom from his company.

Police say they found him thanks to a tip-off from a previous victim. A South Korean man who says he was held in the house, for five days earlier this month and was freed only after his company paid up $70 000. He is back in South Korea and police have been watching the house ever since. Neighbours say the suspects often played loud music, but that no one suspected anything was wrong.

The Hawks believe the suspects are part of an international syndicate - they will appear in court on Monday. They Hawks are now working with Interpol to try and round up other members of the syndicate - and identify other victims.

Source: www.sabcnews.com

Related Posts:

Our Dishonest, Misleading Media

This is NOT a Nigerian Scam Letter

The drug abuse trend since 1999

Nigerian Drug Dealers (How to spot one)


2 comments :

Anonymous said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

You probably mean Nigerian 419 scam?

Tia Mysoa said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

No, it is commonly referred to as the Nigerian 911 scam. Google this to see for yourself!

There may also be other Nigerian scams. They’re real scammers these people!

Latest 5 Featured Posts:

Operation Vula, its Secret Safari, and Zuma’s band of comrades - Dec. 2013
During 1986 the ANC launched an underground operation called Operation Vula. A lesser-known fact is that it continued to operate after Nelson Mandela's release in February 1990, and for three years after his speech in August 1990 when he reiterated the total commitment of the ANC, Umkhonto we Sizwe and the SACP to the Groote Schuur Minute.

Heritage Day Photographs (Voortrekker Monument) - Sept. 2013
This posting includes a few photographs taken on Heritage Day 2013. The posting introduces an unusual but beautiful new structure called QUO VADIS? (with the question mark) which I’m sure many readers have never heard of.

The Yellow-Bucket Marula Tree: A Mystery Solved! - Oct. 2013
I came across a rather strange phenomenon one day while travelling along the R561 route between Tolwe and Baltimore in the Limpopo province of South Africa. A small yellow bucket was attached high-up in a branch of a Marula tree, hence the name of this posting. It’s a real funny story which I’m sure most readers will enjoy - as much as I enjoyed compiling the article  - (with illustrations).

Pretoria’s Monument for Victims of Terrorism - July 2013
Many people (including myself) had almost forgotten about a noteworthy monument in Pretoria that stood at the entrance of the old Munitoria building on the corner of Van der Walt and Vermeulen Streets (now renamed Lilian Ngoyi and Madiba Streets). When the Munitoria building was demolished on 7 July 2013 nobody could tell me whether the monument was still standing or not, so I decided to go look for myself.

Remembering The Battle of Delville Wood - July 2013
14 July marks a day when the South African 1st Infantry Brigade got engaged in the 1916 (WW1) Battle of the Somme, in France. The battle was one of the largest of World War I, in which more than a million men were wounded or killed, making it one of humanity's bloodiest battles. One specific encounter during this battle, known as The Battle of Delville Wood, is of particular importance to South Africa. The posting includes a comprehensive article (with pictures) compiled and written by Petros Kondos.


Blog Feeds - Sister Blogs:

African Countries (Alphabetical list):
(The links will redirect to the Amazon.com page dealing with the specific country.)




JKLS AFRICA



Browse Books By Category