Friday, November 20, 2009

Don’t mention “Umkhonto we Sizwe” in a job interview!


Most of my close friends and associates know that I am currently looking for another job. I have never considered my current occupation (Marketing Consultant), as my true profession. I simply do not possess the required passion to market services or products to people who cannot afford it, or even worse, --- to people who would actually be better off without it! I knew this from the very day I started, but with work being almost non-existent in this country for white men nearing the age of 50, I had no other option but to take what I could get, and to give it my best shot!


Well, --- I’ve given it my best shot. No wait, --- let’s re-phrase that: I’ve aimed at the target with bazookas, tommy-guns, and a range of other weapons, using high-calibre very expensive ammo at times, but for some reason I keep missing the target.

The Interview….

A few weeks ago I went for another interview at the Head Office of a very prominent establishment. They had received my curriculum vitae almost three months ago, and I was one of five candidates they had short-listed.

This was no normal interview, but rather a conference attended by six individuals, who, from their appearance (collar and tie) and pompous attitude, hinted that they were near the top of the hierarchy.

“This is Doctor so-and-so, and that is Professor whats-his-name.” I knew that I had to initiate some humour in the conversation, in order to break the solid-frozen ice in the room. The opportunity arose halfway during the interview when one of the gentleman asked me what I’d been up to during the period between 2003 and 2005. The gentleman was sharp enough to pick up that those years were absent from my CV, and shrewdly covered-up by fancy words.

This was a very bad time in my life. It was a time when my ex-spouse and her boyfriend decided to steal, defraud, lie and swindle me out of my last cent, leaving me basically destitute. To top it all, this extremely malicious and vindictive woman did what most liberated South African females do, when they don’t want their husbands in their lives anymore: --- They utilize the free services of this (UN)democratic State to lay false charges of so-called “domestic violence”, and then get the sympathy and backing of the finest lawyers, --- at an enormous cost to the joint estate. Read the (UN) above as “United Nations”, because these are the vipers behind the implementation of ‘seemingly’ moral and just laws that outwardly appear to promote peace and stability in western countries, --- despite the fact that we are far from “western”. I lost count of the many times I was dragged off to court during those years!

Anyway, back at the interview…..

With the panel of judges already aware of some of the finer details of my rather contentious divorce matter, I replied that I had pulled an Umkhonto we Sizwe stunt during that time. “What is an Umkhonto we Sizwe stunt?”, asked one of the black gentleman sitting at the tabel. “I went into exile Sir….”, --- and when I spoke those words the entire group burst out laughing, --- except the guy who posed the question!

The spurts of laughter managed to break the thick atmosphere in the room. Even the chap who initially thought that my reply was not funny, tried his best to hold back the giggles, without success. That question was followed up, between the laughter, with: “Was she really THAT vindictive?” “Oh yes, --- she was, I’ve actually written a book, ---- while I was in exile.” I replied…. And the laughter started all over again!

We all shook hands, when the interview finally ended and I left the meeting feeling rather optimistic that I would get the job.

The letter arrived in the mail yesterday. “We regret to inform you that….”




6 comments :

Jeff ( Va. Rebel ) said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

We do have some similarities in our past, as many others of our brethren I'd suspect (re: the back stabbing former mate).

I would never make a good salesman either - I think you have to possess the capacity to weasel folks and that I couldn't do. Nor brown nose the boss as the other applicants seemed ready to do.

I just cruised thru the comments on the new South Africa Sucks blog (yeah, to me it is just that). Saw you had been deleted along with someone else. Don't know what your comments were, but that other guy barely broached the subject of jewish involvement and the hounds came outa hell snarling at his flanks (even though he quickly sucked up in that regard).

Man ... it looks like some things will never change. And if anyone from there is reading this, I'll still keep your blog listed on mine for exposure for the commoners sake - but yall are doing a great disservice to the people. Either by design or ignorance. More and more I'm coming to think it's the former as you want no mention of the jew, no matter how small, unless it's in slavishly given praise.

Sorry to digress - it was on my mind. Back to cruising your blog - lots to read.

Tia Mysoa said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for keeping the listing on your blog. I’ve returned the favour by listing yours in the sidebar.

I cannot see where my comments were deleted on MSAS? Can you be more specific about the exact posting or date?

As for the jew, I believe my articles, “Exposing the Synagogue of Satan” Part 1 and Part 2 covers this issue without any ambiguousness. The subject of jewish involvement is also addressed in numerous other articles on this blog. I must confess that the search facility at the top left does not work that well, but ---- this burning issue pops up in a number of posts, which clearly illustrates where my opinions stand in this regard. Have a look at the article, “We Reap what we Sow”, where I responded to questions received from a English-speaking Caribbean fellow.

I’ve decided to keep the theme of this blog distinctively “African”, --- with the aim of informing viewers why democracy will never work in a multicultural society, --- and also to what lengths politicians will go to try make it work, --- through lies, deceit, and brainwashing. Obviously, other issues will also be addressed from time to time, but while doing so, I have to respect the Content Policy of Blogger, who are hosting the information I publish. If I cross the line by publishing content that explicitly promotes hate or violence towards groups based on race, ethnicity, religion, etc… I stand the risk of losing my online presense. The situation is even more risky, considering the fact that my online identity is no big secret.

The only group I can openly attack, without playing with words, are the criminal savages who are murdering my brothers and sisters in this country. Web sites such as MYSAS, and others, are already doing a great job by exposing this atrocity. They can cross the line by expressing their views with greater intensity using stronger language than I can, because their servers are more secure.

Lastly, --- and this is the secondary aim of this blog: The proceeds of affiliate programs (books and other products advertised on these pages) go towards the charity organisation known as “Adopt a Drug Addict”, hence the reason why some articles you see here are drug-related. I’m rather disillusioned by the fact that since starting this blog, about one year ago, the income received from these affiliate programs has been absolutely zero --- not even one cent!

I’ve attributed this failure to the fact that my online presence has been relatively short, and that hopefully as the years go by some miracle will come to pass. In the interim I have no choice, but to continue reporting on matters objectively, and without prejudice, in a style that will not repel but rather attract viewers to this blog.

So, --- don’t go away!

God Bless

Tia Mysoa said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

Dear Readers,

I must admit that I’ve used terrible English for the heading in this post. (Never bring “Umkhonto we Sizwe” up, in a job interview) It sounds a bit sickly doesn’t it?

I realize that it’s a bit late, but I’ve changed it anyway!

Jeff ( Va. Rebel ) said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

I apologize for the mud slinging. Guess the best thing for me to do is stay away from blogs that tend to rankle me.
Their blog - their decision on how to run it.

I understand your situation also and did not mean to put you in any harsh light.

As far as your lack of contributions for your help program - I would say economics is largely to blame.
I know that I myself am stretched as far as possible with several prisoners I help, along with the stray individual
(family) and worthy preacher.
This however does not detract from the worthiness of your efforts.

I will continue to read your blog and work on keeping outcrys in check !

(although these liberals crying racism are hard to resist slapping down)

Tia Mysoa said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

@ Jeff,

No harm done mate. As the saying goes... "This too shall pass!"

Stay tuned and God Bless

Chris Hani 2 said... .....Click here to refresh this blog

Umkhonto we Siswe never won a battle. They're the feminine form of the armed wing - the masculine form is called Umthondo we Siswe!

Latest 5 Featured Posts:

Operation Vula, its Secret Safari, and Zuma’s band of comrades - Dec. 2013
During 1986 the ANC launched an underground operation called Operation Vula. A lesser-known fact is that it continued to operate after Nelson Mandela's release in February 1990, and for three years after his speech in August 1990 when he reiterated the total commitment of the ANC, Umkhonto we Sizwe and the SACP to the Groote Schuur Minute.

Heritage Day Photographs (Voortrekker Monument) - Sept. 2013
This posting includes a few photographs taken on Heritage Day 2013. The posting introduces an unusual but beautiful new structure called QUO VADIS? (with the question mark) which I’m sure many readers have never heard of.

The Yellow-Bucket Marula Tree: A Mystery Solved! - Oct. 2013
I came across a rather strange phenomenon one day while travelling along the R561 route between Tolwe and Baltimore in the Limpopo province of South Africa. A small yellow bucket was attached high-up in a branch of a Marula tree, hence the name of this posting. It’s a real funny story which I’m sure most readers will enjoy - as much as I enjoyed compiling the article  - (with illustrations).

Pretoria’s Monument for Victims of Terrorism - July 2013
Many people (including myself) had almost forgotten about a noteworthy monument in Pretoria that stood at the entrance of the old Munitoria building on the corner of Van der Walt and Vermeulen Streets (now renamed Lilian Ngoyi and Madiba Streets). When the Munitoria building was demolished on 7 July 2013 nobody could tell me whether the monument was still standing or not, so I decided to go look for myself.

Remembering The Battle of Delville Wood - July 2013
14 July marks a day when the South African 1st Infantry Brigade got engaged in the 1916 (WW1) Battle of the Somme, in France. The battle was one of the largest of World War I, in which more than a million men were wounded or killed, making it one of humanity's bloodiest battles. One specific encounter during this battle, known as The Battle of Delville Wood, is of particular importance to South Africa. The posting includes a comprehensive article (with pictures) compiled and written by Petros Kondos.


Blog Feeds - Sister Blogs:

African Countries (Alphabetical list):
(The links will redirect to the Amazon.com page dealing with the specific country.)




JKLS AFRICA



Browse Books By Category